Our History A single petrol bowser starts the Von Bibra Motor Group Dynasty!
In 1935 in the northern Tasmanian town of Ulverstone, M.D (Dudley) Von Bibra commenced business with £16. With this princely sum he bought a petrol bowser and entered the world of cars. Two years later he was able to purchase part of the site that was then occupied by the Ulverstone Commercial Hotel and start a petrol station. In 1955 he bought the Commercial hotel, itself, which was soon to be condemned and demolished and on this site he developed his first car yard.
79 years later the Von Bibra group now calls the Gold Coast home!
By 1998 the von Bibra Motor Group had 130 employees and was operating multiple New Car franchises in Burnie, Ulverstone, Devonport, and Launceston These facilities made the von Bibra Motor Group the dominant dealership auto group in the North of Tasmania. However, an opportunity arose for the von Bibra Motor Group to purchase a Dealership on the Gold Coast in Queensland. Dudley von Bibra’s son, Warren grabbed this opportunity with both hands and in 2000 Warren von Bibra sold up all of the Tasmanian car dealerships to focus solely on the von Bibra Queensland operation.
The von Bibra Group now has 10 new car brands and a huge range of quality used cars at 4 convenient locations on the Gold Coast
Like father like son, the dynasty entered a new era!
Just as Warren had joined his father in the car business in the 1960’s in 2002 Warren’s son Wade joined the business beginning as a used car salesman and over the next few years Wade spent time working in every part of the business till in 2010 Wade assumed the position of Group General Manager of the von Bibra Motor Group. Since then Wade has overseen the building of two new state of the art showrooms and a new service and parts facility at Robina With Wade now controlling the day to day operations of the von Bibra Motor Group and plenty of new opportunities on the horizon one thing still remains consistent, the staff training, advertising and customer service principles that began with his grandfather, Dudley, way back in 1935.